The history of the Bunker Hill Christian Church is long, beginning in 1889 in Walnut Grove. The church met in a one-room school house until the fall of 1892 when the congregation moved to the newly-built Elkanah School and remained there until 1911. It was then decided that a new church building needed to be constructed. Completion of the new structure was in 1911 on a hilltop in southeast Sullivan County, Tennessee, near present-day Bluff City.
As the years went by, the congregation grew too large for the old building, so a larger facility at the foot of the hill was constructed in the mid-1960's. This serves as the present day fellowship hall with classrooms in the basement. A new worship facility was constructed in 2001.